Volunteering over the Summer
We are looking for help running The Summer Game. We need volunteers who can help participants sign up for the game, add books to their online reading logs, distribute prizes, and help with other related tasks. If you are able to commit at least two hours per week, please fill out this form. Please be patient and Lisa will respond as quickly as possible.
Students in middle and high school, are you interested in doing community service at the library? Volunteens is our monthly program for volunteers. We meet one Saturday per month in the Teen Room to tackle all sorts of tasks, from cleaning and organizing, to office work and program planning.
Space is limited, so you must register in advance. Call or email Lisa (203-899-2780 x15136 or email@example.com). Once you're registered, you can drop in anytime between 1:00 and 5:00 pm. Most kids stay for 2 hours.
Our spring/summer schedule:
- May 19
- June 16
- July 14
- August 21
We have a review blog that needs more book reviews. If you write us a review, that counts as community service.
One review = two hours of community service.
- Reviews should be about books that are interesting to kids in middle school and high school.
- The books can be fiction, nonfiction, or graphic novels.
- The books can be old or new.
- The reviews should be 100-250 words long.
- If you're not sure how to write a review, take a look at Amazon or Good Reads. Tell us a little bit about the book (mystery, realistic, humor, superhero, etc), what's good about it, and why other kids might like it.
- This is not a homework assignment, but do your best with spelling and grammar. We'll fix anything that needs fixing.
- Once it's finished and you're happy with it, email it to Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org.