Immigration Rights Resources
- Immigration Resources: Connecticut Family Preparedness Plan
- 2.22.17 Press Release - Malloy Administration Issues Guidance to Law Enforcement and School Districts Regarding Immigration Matters
American Immigration Lawyers Association - CT Chapter
- Know Your Rights First Steps Checklist - Know your rights under the United States Constitution. Everyone, regardless of immigration status, has certain rights.
- Conozca Sus Derechos Lista de Primeros Pasos - Conozca sus derechos bajo la Constitución de los Estados Unidos. Todos, a pesar del estatus inmigratorio, tienen ciertos derechos.
- Designation of Standby Guardian form - Temporarily secure the care of children immediately
Literacy Volunteers link
Our world languages collection
- Spanish Language Materials
- French Language Materials
- Polish Language Materials
- Italian Language Materials
- Russian Language Materials
- Chinese Language Materials
- Persian Language Materials
- Arabic Language Materials
- German Language Materials
@ Norwalk Public Library
TOEFL @ Norwalk Public Library
English Self Study @ Norwalk Public Library
Language Study @ Norwalk Public Library
Computers and Internet/WIFI: Get free access and assistance with searching and downloading information.
The Application Process
Information on the requirements and application process to become a U.S. Citizen.
Questions and Quizzes to Prepare for the U.S. Citizenship
A listing of possible questions that may be asked during the citizenship exam.
Know Your Rights / ¡Conozca sus derechos!
Connecticut Refugee Resettlement Services
Connecticut State Refugee Assistance Program
Department of Social Services
25 Sigourney Street, Hartford, CT 06106
State Refugee Coordinator: Carlene Taylor, 860-424-5889
State Refugee Health Coordinator: Alison Stratton,860.509.7375
ORR Regional Representative: Julie Munro, 617.565.3671
Catholic Charities Migration & Refugee Services
35 Groton Street, Hartford, CT 06106
Integrated Refugee & Immigrant Services
235 Nicoll Street, New Haven, CT 06511
International Institute of Connecticut
670 Clinton Avenue, Bridgeport, CT 06605-1704
Department of Homeland Security
Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS)
Reviews and approves applications for immigration benefits, including immigrant visa petitions, naturalization petitions, and asylum and refugee applications. Part of the Department of Homeland Security.
Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
Responsible for interior security. Includes two law enforcement divisions, Homeland Security Investigations and Enforcement and Removal Operations. Part of the Department of Homeland Security.
Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
Responsible for inspecting persons and cargo passing through points of entry and securing the borders. Part of the Department of Homeland Security.
Agency Materials -- Homeland Security:
U.S. CIS Immigration Handbooks, Manuals, and Guidance
(Includes the USCIS Policy Manual, Adjudicator's Field Manual, and M-274 Handbook for Employers.
U.S. CIS Policy Memorandum
(Policy and procedural memoranda giving guidance to USCIS adjudicators.)
ICE Freedom of Information Act Library
(Records required by FOIA to be made available on ICE's website. Includes statistics, reports, memorandums of agreement and other documents.)
U.S. CBP Stats and Summary
(U.S. Customs and Border Protection's annual reports and statistics)
Immigration Statistics Data
Migration Policy Institute
Dream Act Portal
National Network for Immigrant and Refugee Rights
Center for Immigration Studies
PEW Hispanic Research Center
Facts on File Database
[Can be accessed by Norwalk card holders online. You will need to sign in with your Library card number.]
Norwalk Library Book List --
A compassionate call to counter culture in a world of poverty, same-sex marriage, racism, sex slavery, immigration, persecution, abortion, orphans, pornography [eBook] / David Platt.
[United States] : Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. : Made available through hoopla, 2015.
A century of immigration 1820-1924
[United States] : AudioGO : Made available through hoopla, 2014.