American Job Center Career Coach Virtual Workshops
*Microsoft Word I & II - May 6th and May 7th, 1pm-2:30 pm
Microsoft Word is a word processing program that allows users to create professional documents such as resumes, letters, fax cover sheets, reports, legal documents, brochures, manuals and more. It is an efficient instrument for students, business owners and even working individuals to have on their computers. Microsoft Word has tools to format fonts, add clipart, add page numbers, and create tables and headers. More advanced features are also discussed. Register or email email@example.com
As Connecticut begins to reopen businesses and the economy, there are several resources available to support job-seekers and businesses get back to work quickly and safely. Governor Lamont and the state have forged several partnerships to provide residents with job-training for in-demand skills, and custom job portals with open positions across the state.
AtoZ databases Intro Videos - Whether you are new to the application or need some assistance in navigating AtoZdatabases, these videos will provide the guidance you are looking for. Includes videos on how to search for a job, how to interview,& how not to interview.
- - Including Library Jobs
- Job Applications for local businesses
- Canva - Free resume builder
- - your source for career exploration, training
andjobs. Includes a Resume Guide for creating or updating your resume.
- - Search by keyword, industry, or by interests to find the perfect job. Find out what knowledge, skills
andabilities are needed.
- - a guide to career information about hundreds of occupations!
The History and Uses of the Occupational Outlook Handbook - an article from People Managing People.
- Zippia - A site for job seekers who want to empower their career aspirations with knowledgeable data.
Local Career Centers
- "...a One-Stop on wheels and mobile classroom which brings career services and computer training to you!"
Goodwill Career Centers: 15 Cross Street. Norwalk, CT Phone: 203-840-0361
They provide FREE job prep classes-Resume Writing, Job Searching, Interview Skills, Cover Letter writing, etc. Every day including Saturday, Except Wednesdays. There is a calendar of classes at the Main Reference Desk. They also have one-on-one job counseling (not just for Goodwill jobs). Scroll down to the Norwalk Goodwill entry for a link to their current calendar of classes.